The Alliance for Downtown New York provides service, advocacy, research
and information to advance Lower Manhattan as a global model of a 21st century
Central Business District for businesses, residents and visitors. The Downtown
Alliance manages the Downtown-Lower Manhattan Business Improvement District
(BID), serving an area roughly from City Hall to the Battery, from the East
River to West Street. www.downtownny.com
The Downtown Alliance seeks an experienced, dynamic, and creative content creator and editor. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President for Communications and Marketing and working collaboratively with senior management, this position will raise the visibility of the Downtown Alliance, establish the organization as a thought leader in its priority areas of service, advocacy, research and information, and participate in the development of strategies, programs and materials for branding and promoting Lower Manhattan as a commercial, residential and tourism location of choice.
- Prepare and write publications, newsletters, guides, speeches, op-eds, talking points, memos, and letters, and a wide variety of hard copy and electronic collateral to effectively communicate the organization’s message to a variety of constituencies.
- Research public affairs/policy topics.
- Work directly with the executive and creative staff, the public affairs department, and outside partners to formulate messages and hone prose.
- Provide general support for interdepartmental efforts.
- Provide dynamic project management
- Proof-read and copy edit work of others.
- At least five years’ work experience in a communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Prior work experience should demonstrate superb writing, effective editing and sharp copy skills.
- Must work well in a team setting, and be self-motivated;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Knowledge of public policy issues relevant to Lower Manhattan
- Social media experience a plus
- A Bachelors degree is required; a degree in Journalism, Communications, English or similar field preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Downtown Alliance offers a supportive work environment and provides a generous benefits package that includes medical, disability and life insurance; MTA Metrocards or transit checks; and, paid leave and retirement benefits.
Additional Application InstructionsInquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org / Andrew Breslau, Senior Vice President of Communications and Marketing, Alliance for Downtown New York, 120 Broadway, Suite 3340, New York, NY 10271
Cranes & Derricks InspectorNYC Department of BuildingsNew York CityFeb 24
Contracts AssociateNYC Department of Parks & RecreationNew York CityFeb 24
HASU PROJECT LEADNYC Human Resources Administration - Public Engagement UnitNew York CityFeb 24
Health Policy Analyst / Community LiaisonState Senator Liz KruegerNew York CityFeb 24
Research and Policy AnalystNYC Human Resources Administration - Public Engagement UnitNew York CityFeb 23
Government Relations Account ExecutiveGeto & de Milly, Inc.New York CityFeb 16
Associate Director, Policy & Portfolio AnalyticsNew York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC)New York CityFeb 15
Senior AssociateRed Horse StrategiesNew York CityJan 31
Senior Director for External Affairs and AdvocacyPrimary Care Development CorporationNew York CityFeb 09
Digital Senior Account Executive- Maiden+John-NYCBerlinRosenNew York CityFeb 06