Mortgage Closing Specialist
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Lending, the Mortgage Closing Specialist is responsible for preparing closing documents in a timely fashion while ensuring the loan is closing within the Program’s strict compliance guidelines. The Mortgage Closing Specialist also coordinates with the homeowner, housing advocate, and lender/servicer in preparation and completion of the loan closing. The Mortgage Closing Specialist is a full time, exempt position based from our office in New York, NY. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, a strong aptitude for detail, accuracy and organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain effective communication with all necessary parties involved in closing a transaction, including but not limited to the borrower, housing advocate, lender/servicer, underwriter, title vendor, mortgage accounting, and funding vendor to ensure a seamless closing experience.
- Work with various internal departments as well as external organizations to obtain closing related documentation or obtain necessary information needed to complete a closing (i.e. payoffs, subordinations, releases, property tax arrears, etc.)
- Coordinate timely closing of mortgage loan applications.
- Review system of record information to ensure accurate closing documentation can be prepared and that the necessary closing documents are in the system.
- Address and resolve potential issues that arise in relation to closing.
- Assist co-workers in completing daily workload when necessary to ensure all closing deadlines are met.
- Provide follow-up for closing documents with appropriate vendors or third parties to ensure proper completion of mortgage loan files. Follow up on payoff quote and document expirations.
- Attend regularly scheduled pipeline meetings to discuss status of loans and actions to be taken.
- Report system and closing document issues.
- Ensure all post-closing file documentation is accurate and maintained in accordance with established program specifications and policies. Assist to cure all post-closing errors and omissions.
- Recommend efficiency and system changes to improve/streamline closing process.
- Know, understand and follow all procedures relating to job function to help ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1-2 years of mortgage closing experience in a CDFI, financial institution or mortgage banking operation or relevant work experience necessary.
- Experience with mortgage default intervention or loss mitigation, preferred.
- Strong understanding of mortgage lending, regulatory requirements, and closing procedures.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities and work flow while meeting all closing dates/deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail is necessary.
- Strong work ethic, reliable and dependable.
- Passionate about helping homeowners keep their homes.
- Notary Public is highly preferred.
Additional Application InstructionsTo apply for this position, please submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume through our website at https://cnycn.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. The Center strongly encourages Section 3 residents to participate in this hiring effort. Information to determine if you are a Section 3 resident can be obtained by contacting Michael Hartwyk at (646) 786-0882 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons requiring reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring effort are requested to contact Michael Hartwyk at (646) 786-0882 or by email at email@example.com.
Mortgage Closing SpecialistCenter for NYC NeighborhoodsNew York CityApr 21
Scheduler / Community Liaison for Assemblymember Jo Anne SimonAssemblymember Jo Anne SimonNew York CityApr 19
Client Care CoordinatorWest End Residences HDFC, Inc.New York CityApr 19