Underwriting Compliance Analyst
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Underwriting Compliance Analyst monitors the work product of a small group of staff underwriters to ensure that loan applications and lending recommendations are processed and underwritten accurately while remaining in compliance with company, regulatory and program requirements. The Underwriting Compliance Analyst is a full time, exempt position. The Underwriting Compliance Analyst acts as internal compliance for loan file documentation to ensure that all files are complete with required supporting documentation, such as collateral data, mortgage statements, personal financial statements, taxes, titles, liens, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Approves or rejects loans within specified guidelines. Maintains awareness of any changes in loan underwriting provisions.
- Ensures underwriting staff have procured all required information necessary to finalize loan packages.
- Demonstrates compliance with all lending and program regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required job-specific training.
- Meet loan production, quality control, and continual improvement goals.
- Prepare Loan decisions and recommendations weekly for management review in accordance with set program guidelines.
- Advise management on effective compliance strategies and potential modifications to program operating policies where appropriate to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Independently monitor changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured residential mortgages.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, accounting or related fields.
- At least 2-4 years of experience working with residential mortgage lending, community development finance, mortgage lending/servicing, or government programs administration is required. Experience with mortgage default intervention and loss mitigation is a plus.
- High level of proficiency with Word, Excel is required. Experience with Salesforce and Bytepro is a plus.
- Ability to make credit recommendations with a thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents.
- This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and handle high work volumes in a team-oriented environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of and ability to analyze credit reports, income documentation, assets, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports, to insure loans meet program standards.
- Thorough knowledge of underwriting procedures, creditor financial analysis techniques, and familiarity with residential mortgage lending requirements.
- Must exhibit ability to understand compliance issues including the timelines of mortgage loan processing. Knowledge of and experience with real estate finance and legal procedures related to real estate transactions, property transfers, and collateral valuation; general understanding of financial transactions, financial statements and audits.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills. Maintains open and effective communication channels, including regular meetings and dissemination of pertinent information. Encourages input and feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to follow defined set of procedures. Work is routine and production oriented.
Additional Application InstructionsTo apply for this position, please submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume through our website at https://cnycn.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. The Center strongly encourages Section 3 residents to participate in this hiring effort. Information to determine if you are a Section 3 resident can be obtained by contacting Michael Hartwyk at (646) 786-0882 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Persons requiring reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring effort are requested to contact Michael Hartwyk at (646) 786-0882 or by email at email@example.com.
Mortgage Closing SpecialistCenter for NYC NeighborhoodsNew York CityApr 21
Underwriting Compliance AnalystCenter for NYC NeighborhoodsNew York CityApr 20
Scheduler / Community Liaison for Assemblymember Jo Anne SimonAssemblymember Jo Anne SimonNew York CityApr 19
Client Care CoordinatorWest End Residences HDFC, Inc.New York CityApr 19
More from Center for NYC Neighborhoods
Program Associate - Homeowner HubCenter for NYC NeighborhoodsNew York CityApr 06
Bilingual Program Associate - Homeowner HubCenter for NYC NeighborhoodsNew York CityApr 06
Program Associate - Temporary HousingCenter for NYC NeighborhoodsNew York CityApr 06
Administrative Assistant - ReceptionCenter for NYC NeighborhoodsNew York CityMar 24
Mortgage Closing SpecialistCenter for NYC NeighborhoodsNew York CityMar 23
Nurse Practitioner P/T – Westchester CampusGraham WindhamHastings-on-Hudson, NY, United StatesApr 12
Budget AnalystCenter for Court InnovationNew York CityApr 17
Housing Ploicy AnalystCommunity Service Society of New YorkNew York CityApr 06