Senior Legislative Analyst
Senior Legislative Analyst
The New York City Department of Housing Preservation & Development (HPD) is the nation’s largest municipal housing preservation and development agency. Its mission is to promote quality housing and diverse, thriving neighborhoods for New Yorkers through loan and development programs for new affordable housing, preservation of the affordability of the existing housing stock, enforcement of housing quality standards, and educational programs for tenants and building owners. HPD is tasked with fulfilling the Mayor’s Housing New York: A Five-Borough Ten-Year Plan to create and preserve 200,000 affordable units for New Yorkers at the very lowest incomes to those in the middle class.
The Division of Government Affairsworks with city officials, agencies, policy makers, advocates and planners in the public and private sectors to assess housing policy, land use and planning issues, and manage the City's affordable housing legislative agenda. It is also responsible for the management and supervision of activities dealing with procedures and policies in the areas of procurement, Fair Housing laws, and prevailing wage laws.
The selected candidate will assist the Assistant Commissioner with management of the Agency’s local legislative agenda. The Senior Legislative Analyst responsibilities include, but are not be limited to:
- Assisting in the daily management of the Government Affairs office;
- Assisting the Assistant Commissioner with management of the Agency’s local legislative agenda;
- Monitoring and analyzing local legislation and advise on the agency’s position and response;
- Crafting, interpreting, and performing research and analysis on local legislation;
- Participating in the preparation of legislative requests and use various types of analyses to make recommendations for Agency responses and negotiations;
- Accompanying the Assistant Commissioner at various meetings with local and state elected officials;
- Drafting and editing public testimony for the Commissioner and/or senior Agency staff to deliver at legislative hearings before the New York City Council;
- Managing daily office communication with elected officials regarding constituent issues, follow up with HPD staff and communicate results to the elected officials;
- Scheduling meetings in house, with various City agency personnel and with elected officials in the City government.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Prior knowledge of HPD programs and services & New York City elected officials.
How to Apply:
Please go online and apply at www.nyc.gov/careers . Search for JOB ID# 283044
City Employees: Apply through the Employee Self Service portal (ESS) at www.nyc.gov/ess. Search for JOB ID# 283044
Salary range for this position is: $70,000 - $80,000
NOTE: Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
NYC residency is required.
The Department of Housing Preservation & Development and the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer.
The New York City Department of Buildings is Now Hiring!New York City Department of BuildingsNew York CityMar 22
Deputy Assistant Commissioner M IVNYC Human Resources AdministrationNew York CityMar 21
Senior Legislative AnalystNew York City Department of Housing Preservation & DevelopmentNew York CityMar 08
Human Resources InternCenter for NYC NeighborhoodsNew York CityMar 08
Associate Director, Principal and Major GiftsConsumer ReportsYonkersMar 07
Communications DirectorNYC Elected OfficialNew York CityFeb 27
Counsel For Strategic InitiativesNew York City Public AdvocateNew York CityMar 03
Director of CommunicationsThe Human Rights CampaignWashington, DC, United StatesFeb 26
Research and Policy AnalystNYC Human Resources Administration - Public Engagement UnitNew York CityFeb 23
Senior Computer ProgrammerNYC Human Resources AdministrationNew York CityMar 01