Associate Director, Policy & Portfolio Analytics
Associate Director, Policy & Portfolio Analytics
New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC)
The New York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC) is a public benefit corporation and the nation’s largest municipal Housing Finance Agency. HDC’s programs support the construction and preservation of multi-family affordable housing in New York City.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Area of Talent:Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis/Affordable Housing
Location:NYC/Wall Street Area
The Associate Director – Policy & Portfolio Analytics reports to the Chief Credit Officer and helps shape and implement HDC priority projects and special initiatives that address the most critical housing policy issues facing HDC and the City, working in partnership with various city agencies, including the NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD). HDC is seeking an experienced professional with strong analytic skills (to work on projects independently), as well as strong leadership and organizational skills to manage time-sensitive team projects requiring the contributions of assigned subject matter experts from HDC’s various other departments, as needed.
- Define and manage a pipeline of analytic and development projects.
- Work with senior staff and colleagues across departments to define and structure both discrete tasks and long-term projects, through coordination and supervision of project teams.
- Help to define project work plans, including crafting and digging into analysis of data and written communications, preparing and reviewing draft deliverables, and ensuring client readiness of materials.
- Review and analyze City, State and Federal policies and proposals, underwriting standards, development costs, land valuations, affordability, real estate tax benefits, and any other pertinent affordable housing issues.
- Provide general coaching on project direction and management to colleagues assigned to particular team projects.
- Ensure frequent and consistent communication of project status and issues on behalf of the team to the Chief Credit Officer and other key stakeholders.
- Undertake special projects/initiatives as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or Urban Planning.
- At least five years of professional experience related to housing, urban policy, planning, real estate, fiscal and economic impact analysis, economic development and/or a related field working in affordable housing policy, management, program evaluation, or similar capacity.
- Advanced experience performing and/or analyzing the financial underwriting of real estate transactions.High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, including complex financial modeling
- Professional experience managing teams and indirect reporting relationships.
- Demonstrated experience managing proprietary information with integrity and public policy considerations with sensitivity.
- Advanced skill and experience in executing and leading analysis-oriented projects and managing time-sensitive deadlines.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field (such as Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Planning, etc.)
Submitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (212) 227-6893.
HDC demonstrates a strong commitment to its employees by providing a salary that is competitive and commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health benefits, retirement savings and career development programs.
HDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Additional Application InstructionsSubmitted resumes must be accompanied by a cover letter that includes salary requirements. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to (212) 227-6893.
Cranes & Derricks InspectorNYC Department of BuildingsNew York CityFeb 24
Contracts AssociateNYC Department of Parks & RecreationNew York CityFeb 24
HASU PROJECT LEADNYC Human Resources Administration - Public Engagement UnitNew York CityFeb 24
Health Policy Analyst / Community LiaisonState Senator Liz KruegerNew York CityFeb 24
Research and Policy AnalystNYC Human Resources Administration - Public Engagement UnitNew York CityFeb 23
Fundraising Associate, Tucker Green ConsultingTucker Green ConsultingNew York CityFeb 03
Government Relations Account ExecutiveGeto & de Milly, Inc.New York CityFeb 16
Administrative AssistantDavidoff Hutcher and Citron LLPNew York CityFeb 15
Special Assistant for Economic Development, Office of the Queens Borough PresidentOffice of the Queens Borough PresidentNew York CityFeb 13
Senior Editor/WriterAlliance for Downtown New York, Inc.New York CityFeb 06