Development & External Affairs Associate
The Citizens Budget Commission, a nonpartisan, nonprofit watchdog group devoted to influencing constructive change in the finances and services of New York City and State government seeks a motivated individual to serve as the Development & External Affairs Associate.
This key position will report to the President and the Director of Operations and will be responsible for wide-ranging administrative and development operations.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and events for executive staff and board members
- Assist in planning and execution of board recruitment and retention initiatives
- Assist in coordinating the New Leaders group
- Conduct creative research of individuals and firms to identify potential trustees
- Assist in fundraising efforts by board and senior staff
- Assist in development and logistics of Annual Dinner and other events
- Work with rest of operations and development team to ensure events go smoothly, including drafting and distributing notices, tracking attendance, gathering materials, coordinating logistics
- Draft and maintain correspondence and files, including invitations, tax acknowledgements, etc.
- Assist in maintaining Raiser’s Edge database
- Help manage website and social media
- Assist in maintaining relations with a distinguished board of roughly 150 trustees
- Office management including office reception, maintaining supplies, answering phones, relations with building management and security
- Serve as assistant to the President
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office suite applications
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database or similar platforms
- High level of organization and ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Interest in New York City/State government and/or public policy a definite plus
- Prior office experience a plus
Additional Application InstructionsPlease send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cranes & Derricks InspectorNYC Department of BuildingsNew York CityFeb 24
Contracts AssociateNYC Department of Parks & RecreationNew York CityFeb 24
HASU PROJECT LEADNYC Human Resources Administration - Public Engagement UnitNew York CityFeb 24
Health Policy Analyst / Community LiaisonState Senator Liz KruegerNew York CityFeb 24
Research and Policy AnalystNYC Human Resources Administration - Public Engagement UnitNew York CityFeb 23
Associate Director, Policy & Portfolio AnalyticsNew York City Housing Development Corporation (HDC)New York CityFeb 15
Fundraising Associate, Tucker Green ConsultingTucker Green ConsultingNew York CityFeb 03
Special Assistant for Economic Development, Office of the Queens Borough PresidentOffice of the Queens Borough PresidentNew York CityFeb 13
Public Relations Account Executive/Manager, Nicholas & Lence CommunicationsNicholas & Lence CommunicationsNew York CityJan 26
Government Relations Account ExecutiveGeto & de Milly, Inc.New York CityFeb 16